Saturday, September 26, 2009

U2 360'



My dream in college was to work for Mark Fisher designing sets for rock shows. Instead I got a job as an Interior Designer. A couple years into it, I emailed Mark Fisher's office looking for an apprenticeship. They emailed me back ever so nicely that they were a very small studio and didn't have the space for me. I still like them, though... Usually when we think of a band, we think of their music. What we don’t consider is architecture. Willie Williams and Mark Fisher create the best kind of architecture, purely for entertainment. The concept for the stage for U2's current 360 Tour is inspired by the Theme Building at LAX. The set is 164 feet tall, and requires 120 trucks to transport it. It was truly awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
html hit counter
free-website-hit-counters.com